- Yoga is more difficult than it looks. Who knew those useless out-of-the-way muscles actually had a purpose? And that they could ache for two days after being stretched?
- It appears that I have automotive-related sadness in my future … transmission trouble looms. Uh-oh.
- Hooray! For the first time ever, I got wireless networking under Linux working on my laptop. I’m running Linux Mint 4.0, and managed to get my Broadcom 4311 working using ndiswrapper after a few hours of dedicated sleuthing on the Ubuntu forums. Believe it or not, the wireless in Linux, using a bastardized Windows driver, actually delivers substantially higher throughput than the native Broadcom drivers do in Vista. *shrug*
- Had a great escrima class yesterday. We worked a bit on “destruction techniques” — that is, how to win a fight by destroying your opponent’s soft tissues and joints. Scary how easy is in principle to really hurt someone, with just a little bit of training; an elbow can be a dangerous weapon. Of course, there is a wide gulf between grasping the simplicity of the theory and achieving competence in practice. But still.
- Rick took me out for dinner on Tuesday … mmm, Indian food. We had a good conversation about his future at the hospital. I will enjoy giving him his “AutoTormentor 5000” next week.
- I deployed a new template on this blog. Cuz I was bored.