I’ve been working my tail off on my business-development work lately, in an attempt to substantially augment my meager hospital salary with some home-grown work product. Highlights of my recent activities include —
- Finishing a substantial overhaul to gillikinconsulting.com, including adding business-specific social-media connections (realtime IM, new Twitter, Facebook business fan page).
- Updated my LinkedIn profile and joined a ton of affinity groups.
- Became a (paid) contributer for Demand Studios.
- Agreed to a (volunteer) edit job for the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Set up a PayPal account for accepting client payments, and applied for a DUNS number to facilitate commercial credit.
- Accepted a personal client.
- Did a thorough under-the-hood site update for Anthony M. Snyder and Associates.
- Joined Guru and Elance, a pair of clearinghouse sites for freelance contractors.
- Forwarded my resume and clips to the new editor of The Grand Rapids Press, for freelance writing assignments.
Things are looking good. There’s just a handful of things left to finish.