I haven’t written much on this blog lately; my time has been spent doing other things. But I’ve got a bit of free time, so … herewith an update.
- Biggest news: No more twins. Nope. Now, we’ve got triplets. Yes, three. Not one baby. Not two babies. THREE babies, confirmed by special ultrasound two weeks ago. Wow! Baby A is Jonah Franklyn, Baby B is Gradey Mahlon, and Baby C is Kingston Lyric. Jess is technically due at the end of July, but given her small size and the fact that there are THREE babies, we’re hoping she can make it to 30 weeks, which puts her due in mid-May. This is exciting!
- Speaking of kids, Jackson and Camden and Harper are doing fine. Harper is learning to crawl backwards in a circle, and Jackson and Camden have figured out that it’s not funny to adults when they climb up on the kitchen counter and play fireman with the spray nozzle in the sink.
- Work is going well. Lots of transitions, but stuff seems to be moving smoothly.
- With Tony’s assistance, I’ve been doing a fair amount of business development work again. It helps that a dear friend from high school, Kate, has used my services as she starts her own consultancy.
- I bought a bike yesterday — a real one, and a helmet and everything. One step closer to being either more healthy, or even (maybe) thinking about a triathlon.
- An old college friend, Rob and his wife Jess, moved to G.R. from Tennessee a few weeks ago. It was nice to see him again, and great to finally meet his lovely bride.
- Also yesterday … I went to an honest-to-god salon and got my hair done. I progressed from “mom’s haircuts” (yes, she has a cosmetologist’s license), to a traditional man’s barber, to going to the King’s Room, to now going to Design 1 salon. Leah did a great job thinning the sides, lightening my whole head, and doing subtle highlights on top. Jason is pleased.
- A transition of sorts … I got to celebrate Rick’s 30th with fine Indian food and a bottle of 15-year Scotch as we mourned the final episode of Battlestar Galactica, one of the finest dramas on TV.
- Slowly but surely, I’m making needed technology changes. Since upgrading to the Blackberry Curve, I’ve actually leased my own server (not a hosted reselling thing, but an actual server) and am migrating my business stuff to it. Time will tell if all of my IT infrastructure will move to it. And, I recently bought an HP Mini 1030 — a lovely netbook that I threw an HP-branded version of Ubuntu Linux on. This version of Linux is optimized for netbooks and is easier on machines with solid-state drives (as this one has).
- After a hiatus, I’ve been spending a bit more time with ol’ T-Bone, which is cool. Last weekend, for example, I got to go to Lansing to help him and my favorite (Jen) and Tony’s parents install a new million-ton desk at Tony’s law office. It was a fun experience, and “Alan” and Cindy even bought a great lunch for me, which was nice.
- I’ve been seeing a lot more of my brother and sister-in-law and their kids since meeting Ryan, which is both good and long-overdue, and one of the reasons I’m glad I met Pumpkin. I even got to see Twilight in the theater with Katie a few weeks ago. She is such a sweet girl.
OK, all for now. Moral of the story is that I’ve been busy lately, but things are going well.